When your laptop is being repaired (and it's still there, since August 28) you need imaginative ways to be connected.
Here is my Nokia N800 as something near to a desktop computer.
Just few notices:
- life battery is really short when you plug too many things to the USB interface.
- usbcontrol rules
- solder a female-female USB adapter is easy and funny (it came from a broken motherboard)
- after some weeks using Maemo, ideas about developing applications to it come to my mind
- the mail client and the browser included with Maemo suck
- my ocular health is being damaged